Sunday 10 April 2011

Time to tick ::: Another Mummy mile stone

So I reached another Mummy milesstone today ~ Today I let my little boy LEAVE the garden and go play up the field with his friends. ~ Its been a beautiful day, really lovely and the kids and I took a long walk first thing this morning, then came home for a second breakfast of pancakes. It was after this that they started going their own way .. S.L was off to the cinema with her friend T.T to Celebrate her 13th birthday, she was then going on for a birtday dinner and a sleep over. Big C headed out to meet some friends.
 The little girl next door knocked and her and middle C headed off to the park. Little C was sitting out the back talking A who was staying for a few days with his dad who lives next door ..& then it happened, A asked him " do you wanna come ride bikes at the field" and little C says "no I wont be allowed" .. "Im not allowed to go out the garden". ..  My heart was beating fast ... I new this was my moment when I just had to let him go, Its bothered me for a very long time, how unconfident C is on his bike, We take it out as often as we can but that never seems enough. I watch him play sometimes and I just feel something is missing, he needs this boy on boy play time. SO I DO IT .. I call him in and tell him he can go to the field, give him the all the safety warnings and watch him ride off with the biggest beaming smile on his face .. He loved it!

Like all small people after a relatively short while little C came in to see how far he could push me and asked to go over the park. What could I say the park is one road different to the field and its the road out side my front door ~ SO having made sure I drummed into his head a million times that he should never cross that road on his own ~ I crossed both the boys over .. and came home and paced the floor, home alone, all children in my care and OUT! .. Little C came back from the park  .  He spent most the afternoon going back and forth to the field, I only snuck up one time to check on him, I really didn't need to. He was in and out all day, wanting drinks, food and just to tell me how "this is the best day ever" and how much fun he is having.
Its joked that have shares in cling firm  & today this has been so difficult, Ive been here 3 times before and each time its hard but it seems to pull so much harder without the distraction of at least one or more little ones in doors too look after,I had no one here to "mother" 
BITTER SWEET MOMENT
another bitter sweet moment this evening, came when ~Little C and I sat down to remove the power ranger stickers from his bike .. hes had the bike a few years now and it is getting too Small, but we took the sticker off because he felt it was too babyish, he was feeling embarrassed by riding it .. We hired the seat and handle bars a little and gave it a little clean, tried to make it a little more big boyish .. at least until the time comes and he is able to get another bike ..

No comments:

Post a Comment