Thursday 13 January 2011

The Christmas Cookie Club

This book was Christmas Present, ~ An easy Christmas read centred about 12 friends, The book has twelve chapters and in each we find out a little about each friend. I would so like to give all my favourite girl friends a copy of this book and invite them to my very own cookie party, Maybe I'll gift it too them all for a present next year, give them a year to read it with an invite the following ~ Or maybe not ~ The idea sounds lovely but I dont cook! Lol ~ I guess I could follow a cookie recipe from the book after all they give one at the start of each chapter.
Many of the characters I can relate to my own girl friends ~ I kinda visualized them to look like the friends I know ~  behind those pages this cute little read made those that are far and that of those nearby feel closer.
I find a lot of h.a.p.p.i.n.e.s.s. In books One of my favourite things to do is take a bath , light a candle or two and soak in the bubbles with a book, Its even better when the kids are home and getting on with each other, with their music, telly or voices them playing in the background is the comforting sound that reminds me to savour it all … its all good
On the first Monday of December, every year, twelve friends gather in the evening with batches of homemade cookies wrapped in beautiful packages. They drink wine, they eat and they take turns telling the story of the cookies they have baked. Somehow these stories are always emblematic of the year that has just passed, as complicated and rich as our own lives. Lives full of sisterly love and conflict, yearning for babies and grandchildren, passion and disillusionment with men, a secret decade long affair, the loss of a job, the death of a child ...These women are as imperfect as real women, made heroic by their ability to resolve conflict, to endure and support each other.
                                ....Go Grab A Copy ....
                                                                   Its worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment