Saturday 8 January 2011

In a bit if a blue funk

Ohh pull up a chair, im hosting my anual pitty party

This is usually a party just for me, so you are intruding you know … but being your here you might as well stay, The pretty "feel sorry for yourself tissues" are over there, grab a pack.
Clothes a little too tight? Yeah mine too, grab some chocolate,Its always good to shovel a little more down your mouth when you've obviously eaten way too much in the first place!



Oh the joys of January ….Finding it very hard to get motivated, seems like im taking two steps back each time I climb this very steep hill. I didn't set my self any new years resolutions this year, I figured Id save my self the set back of failing. I loved Christmas so much, I just love being able to switch off and have all my family and friends with me as we hide in this little bubble of magic for a few days. But then comes the new year and smack straight back into reality and that at times can seems a pretty lonely place. I do love the calmness of being alone, and being able to lock the door and just savour it being us “ the kids and me” But the normal comes like a bump every year. After being surrounded for nearly two weeks straight, the silence when routine starts back is hard, The children back at school, being with their dad. While the full on can be exhausting the empty of them not here leaves me feeling a little forlorn, Left alone to face the reality of my house that jack built! I love my house, if I could just afford to keep up the maintenance on it, The damp this year seems worse that ever, of course it would do, because I never dealt with it from last year, The slugs are back in military force this year looking meaner and scary that ever before! BREAKING THE FOURTUNE COOKIE I do have a job interview this coming week, I have everything so tightly crosses, Im seeing the £ in my sleep. Thinking just what I could do with the extra income each month is getting me through. Now if I could just get rid of these blooming cold sores that are plaguing my mouth, I think I can hold my own in the interview!
It will be February before we know it and that always seems like a much friendlier month ~  January leaves this blue funk feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment