Saturday 15 January 2011

Lost in thoughts.


Thinking about my son...It was always going to be very pink for him growing up always surrounded by girls, being the youngest of 3 big sisters ~ Who all from day one took on the roles of mini mum with him, they helped do everything for him and just poured so much love onto him. As he has grown from babyhood, to toddler hood,as he entered the preschool years and now as a mighty fine 7 year old he had the most amazing unique bond with each of his sisters, Thankfully for his sake over the last few years they have all stopped mothering him just a little, allowing their relationships together to grow. Cayleb was recently asked by his dentist how many brothers & sisters did her have, He told them he had two big sisters and a little one ... That being Charday, he clearly thought of her as being a younger sister, maybe because of her height, maybe because of her shy timid ways ~ who knows.

 Being only boy in our family unit at home. Girls take over the house, Altho he knows no different I certainly don't think this has had any negative effect to his childhood at all ~ I dont think he will grow up in any way resentful of the "pinkness"  I believe this has given him many a lead role in the games they play he has been the husband, the boyfriend, The big Brother, The little Brother. The Prince, The hero, The knight, Dog and Monster in every game his sisters and their girl friends play.

Their latest phase in game is “ make overs” and Cayleb has thoroughly enjoyed these, we've had some proper belly laughs as he has been made up to be a Princess or a Lady ~ Watching him as he struggles to walk in the little heals is hysterical. Its no more funnier or cuter than watching him bump onto everything with a box on his head being Darf Aider or some. Or Luke Sky walker when he plays alone or with his little boy friends. Im proud of my kid, he is a real spunky little mite, so full of life so happy and not put of entirely by what other people think .. He had great fun playing and then posing for photos with Charday who he'd spent quiet a long time kitting out to make her the new “ dude on the block” He did however tell me don't put them on face book mum! Lol .. No darling boy I wont but be sure they are coming out on your 21st birthday ~ Joking aside  how sad that he knows some people might make fun of him. I can only let that go that he feels secure enough at home to play freely, im not about to post them and make a point on his behalf. I want him to feel safe behind the walls of his own to play freely. We live in an area where people are very closed minded.
It makes me uneasy at how such games are frowned upon , If I was to share with the world that one of my girls dressed as a boy people wouldn't pay a blind bit of notice but to say my son dressed as a girl makes people embarrassed, It makes them uncomfortable.
I think back to image and story  all over the web and paper back in November of the mum that posted pics of little lad dressed as Daphne is so totally blown out of proportion. What is it adults are really afraid of? That their sons might catch the gay? That maybe he's transgendered. Coz  you know what... he is what he is now and will grow up to be what he grows up to be, I don't believe that playing with the stereo typical gender selected “girls Toys” will make him anything but a better more understanding person but being told he shouldn't do something or that something isn't right, something is wrong about playing a certain way ~ I believe can be very damaging. It makes me sad that I cant share this really wonderful experience that my youngest cuties have shared together, because so many people,including  people from my own family, still have such up tight ways especially today when kids spend so much time slouched in front of the telly or hovered over a computer game . Lots of little imaginations just going to ruins … ::sigh:: My boy loves to play and step into character, with a light saber in his hand he is transformed into the best Jedi Knight,with bow on his head, he can be a damsel in distress and you should see him on all fours cralling about like a mad crazed dog! .. a little bit of lip stick and some shoes with  a heal isnt going to change  who he is any more than a tie a jacket will change my girls ... they will be loved always for being them. 

A w.i.s.h for my son is that he never looses any bit of his sweet natured heart, that he always follows his heart and does what makes him happy. He is such a loved person with lots of friends and millions of good ideas, I hope he never feels ashamed to use them to make the best of him self in every given situation. I wish that all my children grow up knowing that love is something special, and rare and if your able to find that one person regardless of their gender, the one who takes your heart and gives you theirs in return then to love and hold on to that, dont be afraid to love who they do and stand up for what they feel is right.
My warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment